I have this feeling that I might have been a little bit more excited about Halloween than Caroline was this year. I think it's so much fun to have little kids around during the holidays. Mind you... Matt and I had plenty of fun dressing up with our friends for the My Morning Jacket concert the Friday before Halloween:
 |
| OHHH Domino! |
|
|
 |
| Jehovas |
But, this is the first year that Caroline really understands whats going on (sort of). We decorated the house with all sorts of witchy-poos, carved our Jack-o-Lantern with a happy face, cooked pumpkin seeds, went trick-or-treating to a total of three houses before our headless horseman neighbor next door freaked her out, and had a blast running to the door to pass out candy to all of our trick-or-treaters. And the parties... she was so excited to have her first big party at school; we went to Target and picked out decorations, and her and Charlie wore their costumes to school and got to trick-or-treat to all of the different classrooms and offices. Before we went out for candy in our neighborhood we went to my mom's for the neighborhood party (which Daddy loved because they served Sky Line coney dogs!) Here are some pics from the big day (p.s. Charlie slept through most of it:)
 |
| Making Jack: Caro liked to decorate with the guts! |
 |
| Hello Smiley Jack! |
 |
| Mommy and the baby giraffes |
 |
| Giraffes with Mimi |
By the way: I'm already gearing up for Santa. The Elf on the Shelf is ready to come out the day after Thanksgiving (hopefully him reporting back to Santa every night will minimize the time out time spent on the stairs), and I have already graciously offered up my youngest child to be the Christ in my school's nativity play (but already at 18.4 lbs, he might be a super huge newborn by then)
No comments:
Post a Comment