1. He's 18 1/2 pounds of squishy lovin! Those cheeks, those chunky legs, the little roly-poly feet that for the life of me cannot be sqeezed into shoes. The kids loves to snuggle; and he gets snuggled most of the day. He has mastered the art of eating rice cereal and a couple of days ago we started him on sweet potatos. The kid loves to eat! I remember feeding Caroline solids and it took her a couple of days to get used to each food we introduced. Not Chuck, I think that if you put dirt on a spoon the kid would eat it and then smile for more! Tonight it's on to bananas!
![]() |
| You're coming back with that spoon, right? |
2. He's as easy going as can be. On June 2nd, 2010, at 9:30 a.m. Charlie quitely came into this world. After whimpering just a bit, he calmly nestled into my arms, opened his big eyes and began taking in everything around himCharlie can sit on a lap, in his rocker or exosaucer and takes a passive interest in the world around him. Yesterday I took him to lunch with my mother-in- law and Caroline. As I'm entertaining, forcing food, and trying to discipline my two year old I hate to admit that I sometimes I neglect to entertain Charles. After realizing that my second might want a bit of attention too, I peer into his carseat and my heart is warmed by the huge smile on his face. He seemed to be saying "Hey Mom, it's cool... I'm happy and content just to be here!"
3. His laugh. There is nothing better than a baby's laugh. Even though it's hard to believe I have been fortunate enough to have both of my kids first full belly laughs on film. And surprisingly they both are super amused by Layla the dog! Caroline loves to make Charlie "happy" and he will laugh at her for what seems like hours:
4. He's trying hard to keep up. The other day I picked Charlie up from school (day care) and his teacher proclaimed that she thought he was trying to crawl. Being the second to youngest in his class she says that he will sit back and watch the other kids scoot around, roll on his belly, get his legs a-kickin and start to scooch centimeter by centimeter on his big little belly. I took him home that night, laid him on his play mat, and by George, she was right! He's a pretty observant little guy and he knows that his sister can move and shake and he wants to be groovin right along with her!
![]() |
| Just you wait! |



No comments:
Post a Comment