Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

  The Mullers were super excited this weekend because finally the pools are open!  Last weekend we were a little bummed because our super dinosaur blow up pool for the backyard completely deflated after Mommy spent a really long time cleaning, blowing, and filling it with water (darn mice in garage!).  Fortunately the sprinkler was just as fun.
   Late in the afternoons when the air had finally cooled off a bit we headed over to Mimi's pool for a dip.  Both of my summer water babies dove in head first ready to try it out.  Unfortunately neither one can actually swim.  Terrified, I quickly signed Caroline up for swim lessons this summer and am searching closets for Charlie's floaty swimsuit.  :)   Bring on summer:




Matt and I have been working on two big projects this spring: the back yard and the basement.  The basement is coming along, literally being transformed by our friend Bert into a magnificent playroom and guestroom. (Thanks so much Bert).  Pictures will be coming soon.

Our backyard on the other hand... the area that I used to refer to as The Jungle.... is complete!  We have spent many hours digging, planting, mulching, weeding ect ect.  And now we have a place to relax and play!  Every dinner was eaten out on our patio this weekend and I think that its going to become a regular mealtime place.  There's nothing better than paper plates and being able to clean up your mess (especially Charlie's highchair) with the hose!


No comments:

Post a Comment