This week my baby boy will turn 8 months old. My how time flies! 8 (out of many) reasons why Charles Alan Muller lights up my life:
![]() |
| Picture courtesy of Sarah Reinhart, who is one of the only two people who take great pics of my kids (Thanks Sarah and Ann). |
1. He's a scooter! Seeing that little tush wiggle around the floor, propelling himself as fast as possible after his sister is the cutest darn thing ever!
2.Such a chunky little monkey. There's nothing better than giving squishy kisses into those little tummy rolls! Still the best Big O Salesman of the Year, I'm worrying that I might never find shoes that fit the fattest little feet ever. But I guess that's what spring and summer are for; we'll just barefoot it bud!
3. Charlie seems to have one of the best demeanor's I've ever seen in an 8 month old. "A Barbie in the face, no big deal, I'll just chew on those pretty little feet!" type of guy.
4. He's a sister lover. The only times Charlie does cry is either when he is hungry in the middle of the night, or when Caroline is upset. Once she starts going his lip starts to pout and he joins right in. And violins start playing somewhere.
5. His new favorite: swinging at Seneca with his big sister. We took Charlie to the park this weekend and for the first time put him in a bucket swing. Those little feet started to kick and a smile broke out onto the face. He was hooked:
6. Those six little pearly whites that flash all day long as Mr. Happy cheerfully plays through his days.
7. I have to say that one of the things that I love best about Charlie is that he is the spitting image of my husband. Boy do I love those two guys... and they sure do love hanging with each other. Nothing sparks Charlie's interest more than when his Daddy walks into the room. I know that Matt is waiting for the day to sign up for Little League coach and to finally buy those two season tickets for U of L games!
| Higher Mom! |
8. We've seemed to have made it through the "twitchy lung". Charlie had an appointment with Dr. Garcia and an asthma specialist who say his lungs are sounding incredibly clear. How wonderful! We're down to only two maintenance breathing treatments a day and my baby boy no longer sounds like Wheezy the Penguin from Toy Story 3! Needless to say Matt and I (and all of the grandparents) are ecstatic!
![]() |
| No more Wheezy! |



Hey girl!!! Your babies are just precious! I love that I can keep in touch through your sweet blog. AND...Dr. Garcia is my brother's father in law! Small world, huh? We love Dr. Dan! Our families are really close, so I get to see him all the time. It's very convenient to have an allergist/pediatrician in the fam :) Glad Charlie is doing better! It's so sad to hear that little wheezing! Hope all is well, and that I'll get to see you at our TEN YEAR REUNION! AHHHH! OLD!
ReplyDeleteWe are old :( Dr. Garcia is my favorite of all time! He was my mom's pediatrician in college, then mine at East Louisville, and now Charlies'. He's got three generations going with our family :) I wish he was in my family!
ReplyDelete